• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • _OblivionX_ Staff Application

_OblivionX_

1 ) In-Game Name (IGN) : _OblivionX_

2 ) Discord contact: Oblivion#3802 (tag may change due to nitro, but you should still be able to find me)

3 ) How would you handle two arguing players using that are disrupting the peace?:

(I have some experience on this, more about that later) Usually my first action would be to backread the chat and try and grasp a concept of what the drama would be about. I would first politely ask them to to stop the drama in question and attempt a quick resolve. After doing so if they are continuing to disrupt chat I would /msg both players privately and ask them if they can either take it to /msg with each other, or even better discord because they are disrupting other members. If the players refused to do that I would go to issuing verbal warnings to both players. If the drama continues after the warnings are issued I would first temp mute the players. If said players had discord I would create a group with both of them on discord and attempt to resolve the drama there where it is out of the way of others and not disrupting other people. If not i would attempt to do the same by /msg althought it would be slightly more time consuming.

4 ) What would you do to a player attempting to bypass the profanity filter?:

Well usually in this situation my respond would be something along the lines of "oi, language", or politely telling them to stop it. If they did not stop I would remind them that swearing is against the rules of the server and that perhaps they should reread them by using /rules. If they continued after this I would do a verbal warning and /msg them telling them that they should stop, or they may get muted. Most people would stop after this but if it was continued even further I would temp mute them until they stop.

5 ) If a player is constantly disruptive and insulting others, how would you handle them?:

I would handle this somewhat similar to the players having 2 people arguing although directed towards a single person. I would start by politely ask them to calm down because they are harassing people. If they continued i would /msg them telling them that i am serious and they need to stop because they are disrupting the chat. I would remind them that harassing members is against the rules and refer them to /rules. If they did not stop I would verbally warn them and if continued further I would temp mute.

6 ) Why would we choose you over another applicant?

I am a polite and hard working person who is reasonably knowledgeable about pokemon (although not the most recent gens). I am quite mature and I love helping players solve their issues. I have experience with being staff, having been staff in multiple servers. My first experience was in a Pixelmon server back in early 2014, I was a moderator and a gym leader for approx 2.5 years until the server sadly closed in 2017. (The server IP was play.pokeplanet.net and i can can get references if needed). I have also been staff on 3 discord servers, 1 of them the server was shut down after the owner deleted it. The other 2 I am still currently staff in. One of those servers has around 3k members where I am a Helper (Jr Mod) and the other has about 500 members where I am Head Admin (I can apply screenshots if wanted). Due to this I get really annoyed when I see drama and nobody is taking action on it because of my previous experience as staff. I also have good knowledge of minecraft commands.

7 ) How many hours a week do you play on our community servers?:

Admittedly, I have only recently gotten back into pixelmon and I am in my final year at school so I need to try mold playing games around my studies and my job. I try to play whenever I can after i have finished all my education based activities. Usually I can play for 4ish hours on Monday-Thursday and 6+ hours on Friday-Sunday. Although during school holidays I will be able to play 6+ hours daily.

8 ) What time zone are you playing on?

My timezone is GMT+13, I live in New Zealand. I usually play in evenings my time.

9 ) What do you know about Pixelmon?

As I have mentioned already I have only recently gotten back into pixelmon. I have quite alot of knowledge about the older things like ideal movesets, what held items do, ev training, crafting recipes and where to find certain pokemon. Although I do not have much experience with breeding or some of the newer items. AlthoughI am trying to learn and I am picking it up pretty quickly.

10 ) Any additional information you would like us to know.

I am 17 years old (turning 18 this year) and currently in my final years at school. I am male.

11 ) What server do you mainly play on?

I play on Inferno, although at some point I will likely play on Aqua aswell.