0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Jurassic Survival Adding In-Game Ranks

mcp43

Donator
T-REX
mcp43
mcp43
T-REX
Currently there seems to be a lack of things to do with in-game money. I speak for myself and I would assume those in the same boat as myself would agree, that once you reach a certain point in gathering money, you can spend money on very little. Theres the /shop, which I find myself using a lot, there is /ah, where you can purchase from other players as well as Chest shops. However, there is very little to reward you for getting to certain points, monetarily.

My suggestion would be to add some sort of In-Game ranks purchasable with In-Game currency. As of right now, the only ranks that are available are through Buycraft purchases, with "real money" USD, or other forms of currency. I completly understand the need for those ranks, as they help keep the server running, however, those are "donor" ranks, and a fair majority of the players simply are not allowed to spend money, or can't afford to purchase said ranks.

By adding ranks to the server that players can buy with in-game currency, it makes it more of a goal to get money, AND gives players something to try to "level up" to or in better terms, "rank up" to.
Additionally, there could be added benefits to each rank up. Perhaps you could introduce little perks with each rank that would give incentive to rank up. I understand certain commands and perks are available through the Buycraft Donor ranks, however, I think there is still a vast amount of options that could be made available through in-game ranks. Perhaps this could even coincide with the Perk system or Token system that hasn't been fully implemented yet.

Please let me know your thoughts on adding In-Game ranks that are available via In-game money with a /rankup command of some sorts!

Last edited:

3_D

Currently there seems to be a lack of things to do with in-game money. I speak for myself and I would assume those in the same boat as myself would agree, that once you reach a certain point in gathering money, you can spend money on very little. Theres the /shop, which I find myself using a lot, there is /ah, where you can purchase from other players as well as Chest shops. However, there is very little to reward you for getting to certain points, monetarily.

My suggestion would be to add some sort of In-Game ranks purchasable with In-Game currency. As of right now, the only ranks that are available are through Buycraft purchases, with "real money" USD, or other forms of currency. I completly understand the need for those ranks, as they help keep the server running, however, those are "donor" ranks, and a fair majority of the players simply are not allowed to spend money, or can't afford to purchase said ranks.

By adding ranks to the server that players can buy with in-game currency, it makes it more of a goal to get money, AND gives players something to try to "level up" to or in better terms, "rank up" to.
Additionally, there could be added benefits to each rank up. Perhaps you could introduce little perks with each rank that would give incentive to rank up. I understand certain commands and perks are available through the Buycraft Donor ranks, however, I think there is still a vast amount of options that could be made available through in-game ranks. Perhaps this could even coincide with the Perk system or Token system that hasn't been fully implemented yet.

Please let me know your thoughts on adding In-Game ranks that are available via In-game money with a /rankup command of some sorts!
This idea gives me an OP Prison feeling. I don't think that does much for encompassing the entire community if it has to lead up to or go past your current balance because of how far ahead you appear to be and if it does not lead up to or go past the cost of your balance, then it still leaves you with lots of unspent money and therefore would be useless in my opinion.
Adding perks seems a bit risky as they will probably be in direct competition with things that can be bought with real money and at the end of the day the server does have a business to run. You also do not want to overpower the people who only grind money 6 days a week.

So I can better understand your side: What perks did you have in mind and what rank style would you propose?

mcp43

Donator
T-REX
mcp43
mcp43
T-REX
This idea gives me an OP Prison feeling. I don't think that does much for encompassing the entire community if it has to lead up to or go past your current balance because of how far ahead you appear to be and if it does not lead up to or go past the cost of your balance, then it still leaves you with lots of unspent money and therefore would be useless in my opinion.
Adding perks seems a bit risky as they will probably be in direct competition with things that can be bought with real money and at the end of the day the server does have a business to run. You also do not want to overpower the people who only grind money 6 days a week.

So I can better understand your side: What perks did you have in mind and what rank style would you propose?
OP Prison is not what I had in mind at all. I'd say the majority of Vanilla survival servers that have a stable economy implement some sort of rank system, purchasable with in-game currency. My money is fairly earned, and thus I don't see how it should have any effect on whether or not a decision to add such a suggestion would matter. As far as the perk system goes, most servers reward the players with access to more commands or extra things such as but not limited too: More sethomes, more claimable land, perhaps add a backpack/increases slots with higher rank, could allow for more jobs to be employed under if the /jobs suggestion were to be accepted and implemented. Another option could be to add some sort of /kit with each rank, perhaps it could have a certain cooldown time, and with each higher rank the player would receive more/better items. I'm sure theres many other options, most of the server I've played on in the past have had a similar system but they implemented commands like /near, /echest, /craft to those ranked rewards. Unfortunately, the way current donor ranks are already laid out, it limits that, IF administration wanted to keep donor perks separate that is.
Theres also the option to add ranks that are only earnable through playtime, if you're worried about players such as myself having such a "headstart" in terms of ranking up, although, I still don't see how that is an issue - A player has to earn the money to purchase the rank regardless, so they'd still spend the same amount of money for the same benefits, theres really no advantage over another here lol.
Regardless, I'm confused as to how this would not encompass the entire community, as it gives new players monetary goals, as well as ALL players those same goals. Each player has the ability to reach said goals - without the restraints of actually needing to donate larger sums of actual money - in-fact, I believe this sort of thing helps the server stray away from the PayToWin vibe is has now, with only giving additional perks to those who donate, with no way for the general population on the server to receive such rewards regardless of how long or how "hard" they play.

3_D

The concern is that with the large variety of player-base, one might see the advantages someone with your level of wealth and feel so far behind that it is not worth attempting to compete for. So if this suggestion were to be considered I would recommend the more useful perks being upfront and the less useful, but more flashy perks follow in later in the progression and be more expensive. Like custom /tags being 100mil rank I feel that for one who really wants to show how far they've come that would be a reasonable buy since it would create an exclusion while not being one that could make the newcomers feel will give a competitive edge in the economy; and something like /feed being 5-25mil

mcp43

Donator
T-REX
mcp43
mcp43
T-REX
The concern is that with the large variety of player-base, one might see the advantages someone with your level of wealth and feel so far behind that it is not worth attempting to compete for. So if this suggestion were to be considered I would recommend the more useful perks being upfront and the less useful, but more flashy perks follow in later in the progression and be more expensive. Like custom /tags being 100mil rank I feel that for one who really wants to show how far they've come that would be a reasonable buy since it would create an exclusion while not being one that could make the newcomers feel will give a competitive edge in the economy; and something like /feed being 5-25mil
I could see that. Having more of like a cosmetic section being higher tier, almost show-offy flexes haha. The only downside to that is justifying spending so much on the rank up for such little benefit other than Flex. I totally understand what you're saying, but at least from my perspective, I feel like a more expensive rank should reward the player for getting that much with say better rewards still, otherwise, at least in my opinion, it seems rather pointless still. I'd still be up for more discussion around this though, because I'm not opposed to the flashy stuff :)
In my previous response, I had mentioned perhaps the playtime ranks, however, I'm not sure how that would really work with the AFKing - in terms of donor perks preventing AFK kick/"illegitimate" playtime. (Able to just go to sleep while AFKing and "racking up" playtime.

Fawks

Management
Management
Pixelmon Staff Team
Vanilla Staff Team
Donator
Zeus
FawksX
FawksX
Zeus
Moving to Pending.

We already have a similar system on Skyblock - I feel like a smaller system to aide with the creation of buildings and such would be a good implementation of this system.

We will look about implementing this soon :D

Fawks

Management
Management
Pixelmon Staff Team
Vanilla Staff Team
Donator
Zeus
FawksX
FawksX
Zeus
I've since concluded this is not something which we could viably implement into survival and maintain a "classic" feel.

Declined, thanks for the suggestion.