Click to Copy IP
  • Join our Discord
  • Approved Juan Jump Staff Application

Juan Jump

1 ) In-Game Name (IGN)
    Juan_Jump
    2 ) Discord contact
    JuanJump#9263
    3 ) How would you handle two arguing players using that are disrupting the peace?
    I would first persuade the two to switch to a form of communication that does not involve the entire server, such as direct messages, in order to keep others from getting involved and possibly worsening the situation. I would then resolve the conflict either by personally taking a side, issue a warning if there is a clear perpetrator, or negotiate a deal but depending on the situation I may have to warn/mute/jail the player(s).
    4 ) What would you do to a player attempting to bypass the profanity filter?

Though the mute function is easy and useful, I strongly believe that getting a direct warning message from a staff member is much more effective in terms of preventing second offenses. Therefore, by identifying the intentional attempt at spewing profanity, then give the player(s) a warning, I would be able to swiftly and privately deal with the matter. I am also willing to denounce the act on the server chat if I feel there is a need to do so (many new members are joining the server, and it would be a good opportunity to set ground rules).
    5 ) If a player is constantly disruptive and insulting others, how would you handle them?
    Depending on the degree of the offense, I would mute the player from others, directly message a player to address their wrongdoing or report the issue to a staff who is able to remove the player if needed. However, in most cases, I believe players on the server are reasonably well-minded people and wish to not have to get involved in reporting players for minor offenses (numerous minor offenses are just as bad as large ones though).
    6 ) Why would we choose you over another applicant?
    I see myself as a humble player; I enjoy the environment and community while assisting newcomers when I can. Over the short period on this server, I have reached out to staff numerous times as a way of increasing my Pixelmon knowledge and get a broader image of player-staff interactions. Though I have not spent very long on this server, I do not believe that this would be detrimental to my application; less attachment to a single Pixelmon world allows for an easier shift across different server worlds. I will be willing and able to shift across different Pixelmon worlds if there is a staff-shortage and can drop individual matters on one server to help other players.
    7 ) How many hours a week do you play on our community servers?

During this quarantine period, I average around 35 hours a week. This would be the same over long break periods away from school, during spring/summer/fall/winter breaks. In the weeks that I have school, I will only be able to assist ~7 hours a week.
    8 ) What time zone are you playing on?
    I play on Japan Time and will be available for the growing number of players that access the NA servers from Asia.
    9 ) What do you know about Pixelmon?
    It has taken me some time to figure out the minor details such as server-unique commands, but for the most part, I am comfortable with the new updates and engage in the Trivia as well. I tend to acquire new information from the online staff, or /pwiki and online sources when there are none available.
    10 ) Any additional information you would like us to know.
    I tend to stick to the rulebook most of the time and have the server price-lists open on my monitor while I play. In the past I have contacted a staff member to encourage others to stick to this price-list and helped to keep the server economy intact.
    11 ) What server do you mainly play on?

I have made progress (nothing flashy, really) on the Terra server, but have also begun exploring Storm to see how communities differ across servers.

Last edited: