Vanilla Staff Team
Today the management team is ready to unveil the newest chapter of our Skyblock server with many new features, changes and events to run! Based on Last maps experience, we have carefully planned a large number of changes and new mini games for our players to enjoy. Make sure to read the entire thread to not miss any important details, including:
- Island TOP Competition
- New Features, how to access them and what they do
- Events coming next map
After the success of last map's Island TOP Competition, we will be running similar prizes for this map. We have decided to add a Grace Week to allow for Islands to gather their resources for longer.
This map will be separated into five instalments of Island TOP Payout:
- 30/05/2020 --> End of Grace Week
- 6/06/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 1
- 13/06/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 2
- 20/06/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 3
- 27/06/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 4
- 4/07/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 5
- 1st. $60 Paypal and $60 Buycraft
- 2nd. $29 Paypal and $29 Buycraft
- 3rd. $11 Paypal and $11 Buycraft
- 1st. $300 Paypal, $300 Buycraft
- 2nd. $145 Paypal and $145 Buycraft
- 3rd. $55 Paypal and $55 Buycraft
During Season 2, we thought "how could we make the Nether Dimension more enticing for players to use?" and it struck us: The nether has no mining. Through many hours of coding we have came up with a new and challenging way of making money.
Introducing Nether Generators: Like in the overworld, these generators drop special ores and gems: It even has its own upgrading system in /is upgrades:
We have made it challenging to access the Nether by requiring a "Nether Cluescroll" to be completed before it is unlocked. This Nether Cluescroll can be obtained through Vote and Mythic crates and via /tokenshop (Tokens are now obtainable through voting by default, voteparty and inside KoTH Crates).
These Little generators have a higher Diamond Block and Emerald Block drop rate than the overworld, make sure to take advantage!
One of the main things we noticed with Season 2 was the incredibly complex sorting systems that the Top Islands were using for Mining. We have introduced Tiered Hoppers to allow for more options. These hoppers are powerful, and are obtained via /hoppershop:
- Tier 1 - 10s Pickup Rate | 5x5x5 Range
- Tier 2 - 8s Pickup Rate | 7x7x7 Range
- Tier 3 - 6s Pickup Rate | 10x10x10 Range
- Tier 4 - 10s Pickup Rate | 20x20x20 Range
Another feature designed to ease player's experience is Sell Chests. Sell Chests automatically sell all goods inside a chest over a certain amount of time to save you from selling manually! These chests are like any normal chest with a Hologram displaying time until next sell. These chests are not perfect and take 10% of profit for themselves (Lets be real, they are doing all the work anyway!).
Sell Chests are obtainable from Crates and our Store to all members.
Looking at our store, we have realised a lot of things have been slightly overpriced based on value in game and during the downtime period for this map we will have made lots of changes to the store - make sure to check it out on the day of release for the edited prices!
Daily Rewards are Back!
Daily Rewards were present in Season 1 but removed temporarily to allow for a rework - After a few short delays we have added them back into Skyblock with new and improved rewards for each donator rank, progressively getting better in value. Each user is able to claim a Vote Key, 1000 XP and $1000 each day! Type /rewards to redeem your reward!
New PvP, Bosses, PvPMine, Sumo!
Wow! Thats a long title. Anyway, we have introduced a few new features to the Combat side of
Skyblock to allow for more opportunities
We have added a brand new PVP Map to allow for more diverse and versatile movements whilst in combat and allow for more competitions and events to occur. Beginning with Bosses.
Bosses will be events ran by staff, and in the future possibly on a rota like KoTH and Sumo. These are harder, high health mobs which drop rare loot (such as keys, sponges and other epic loot). Make sure to join us for our XLBoss event on the 24th!
Next up we have the brand new PvP Mine. This mine is a regeneration mine which spawns Diamond Blocks, Emerald Blocks, Sponges (worth 5000 Island Levels) and other higher-tier blocks. This comes with a catch: people can engage in combat! This gives a new and exciting way to get island levels fast. This will be enabled on release, so don't forget to check it out!
Finally, we have added Sumo. Sumo is an event ran once every 4 hours which will be a tournament-style event where you have to hit each other off the edges of a platform. These are announced in chat, so watch out for them!
We have completely overhauled the Economy for this Skyblock season to allow for a more balanced game play experience. You can check out the whole new economy for Ores, Drops, Farming and Spawner sections at this link:
Sorry Fish and Zebra Supporters, but /ranks has been overhauled to fit our "Greek" theme better - with brand new rewards too! /ranks has been fully updated with the new rewards and our top rank Hippocampus (previous kraken) has been given it's own kit (which includes Sponges!)
- Max Accounts per IP has been increased to 3
- Spawners no longer account towards Island TOP
- Achievements no longer display in chat
- Kratos rank now has access to /chatcolor
- Warp GUI is now present on /warp
- Tokens have been added to VoteParty
- Enchantment Crate has been removed
- Envoy Rewards have been buffed
- Rank Kit times have been lowered
- Some MCMMO Abilities have been removed
- Coral Plants/Blocks have been added to shop
- Signs have been added to shop
- Netherrack has been added to shop
- Voteparty rewards have been buffed
- Bucket stacking has been removed
- /prefix has been added for Zeus Rank
- Max number of Island Members has been reduced
- Shulker Stacking has been removed
- Detonate Enchantments only exist up to Detonate IV
- Blockstacking has been removed for Diamond, Emerald, Gold and Iron blocks
- Atomic Detonate has been removed from the server
- Welcome Messages have been modified
- Keep Inventory has been disabled in PvP
- Take Off Enchantment has been removed
- Moneypouch Tiers have been edited
- Custom Drops has been recoded to prevent issues on reboot
- Pigmen now drop Gold Ingots
- Tokens can no longer be transferred
- Sponge has been implemented as a rare item worth 5000 Island Levels
- Minions have been buffed
- Minions are now upgradable
- Seller Minion has been removed
- Max Miners rule has been implemented
- Netherbrick has been added to the shop
- Broken Cluescrolls have been fixed
- Tokens given by killing mobs have been amplified based on the size of a Mob stack
- Tokens now drop between 0 - 3 tokens rather than a chance of getting 3
- KoTH and Envoy events run more frequently
- Kit Keys has been added to Zeus Rank
- New Anticheat has been added
- Envoys now run every 2 Hours
- Sponge has been removed from /shop
- King of the Hill Event now runs every 4 hours
- Stacked Mobs with Custom Drops now drop multiplied rewards
- Envoy crates now spawn randomly
- Tokens are now more common in crates, daily rewards, /vote, voteparty & more!
- Generators now show your generator rates rather than an "Error" message in /is upgrade
- Tags are now added to Tokenshop weekly
- Max Miners rule has been implemented into the Rules document
- KoTH Rewards now give you a "KoTH Key" which can be unlocked at /warp pvp
- PvP now has it's own, more relevant scoreboard
- Crates have been revamped
- Other small message changes & bug fixes
- Bounties have been added in PvP
- Donator Rank kit protection levels have been reduced
- Rank kits times have been lowered
Following this announcement, we will be hosting a series of events in the coming days. This is the schedule:
- 17th May @ 2pm EST: THE PURGE
- Like the film, there will be a period of 1 HOUR where no rules will apply on Skyblock. This will be a time of complete chaos and Spawn Protection will be turned off!
- Generators & Atomic Detonate Pickaxes will be turned off during this event to prevent lag.
- 23rd May @ 2PM EST: Skyblock S3 Release
- 24th May @ 2PM EST: XLBOSS Event
- 30th May @ 2PM EST: Chest Hunt Event
- 31st May @ 2PM EST: KoTH Extravaganza Event
- 6th June @ 2PM EST: PvP Tournament Ladder Event
- 7th June @ 2PM EST: Parkour Event
- 13th June @ 2PM EST: Spleef Event
- 14th June @ 2PM EST: Über Envoy Event
- 20th June @ 2PM EST: Chest Hunt Event @ 2PM EST
- 21st June @ 2PM EST: Mob Arena