Pixelmon Staff Team
Vanilla Staff Team
We're excited to announce the launch of Skyblock S5: the successor to our beloved S4 Map which will be opening on Saturday, 22nd August @ 2PM EST.
The last map of Skyblock was a huge success. Not only have we increased our average playercount significantly, we have had a huge number of successes:
- Average Ticks Per Second has increased by 125%
- Average server response time has decreased from 120ms to 60ms
- Average number of players on at non-peak times has doubled
After another successful Island TOP Competition in season four, we will be running another in the same weekly fashion.
- 29/08/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 1
- 5/09/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 2
- 12/09/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 3
- 19/09/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 4
- 26/09/2020 --> Island TOP Payout 5
- 1st. $60 Paypal and $60 Buycraft
- 2nd. $30 Paypal and $30 Buycraft
- 3rd. $15 Paypal and $15 Buycraft
- 4th. $10 Buycraft
- 5th. $5 Buycraft
- Achievement Top #1. $5 Buycraft
- 1st. $300 Paypal and $300 Buycraft
- 2nd. $150 Paypal and $150 Buycraft
- 3rd. $75 Paypal and $75 Buycraft
- 4th. $50 Buycraft
- 5th. $25 Buycraft
- Achievement Top #1. $25 Buycraft
The IS-TOP Competition will end on 26th September 2020. All Islands which set their /is setpaypal and/or their /is setdiscord automatically agree to the following rules listed here and are hereby entered for the competition: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YYBlPkatYzwGRcfP4wJryJPrTfBEebfqp67lqvnGi-M
Introducing our new Spawn
For this map - we're saying goodbye to our current spawn and will have a brand new spawn for this map! As Blaze Skyblock has changed significantly since we had our current spawn made - it is no longer sufficient in supplying our needs
Our new spawn will come with the classic areas such as the auctionhouse, food farm and a new casino (based in a greek temple!) and an in depth tutorial area to help out new players.
One thing which we really dislike about our current spawn is the wasted space, something which will be fixed in our new spawn!
Introducing new Events: Spleef, Parkour, Juggernaught, Free for All & NEW Sumo
For this season of Skyblock, we have developed a brand new Events system featuring Spleef, Parkour, Juggernaut, Free for All and Sumo. These will run on a completely random schedule every four hours (this does not mean the same event will run at the same time every day).View attachment 579
Sumo, Spleef and Parkour are like any other event of those kinds; Sumo and spleef being the last people alive and Parkour first to finish.
Juggernaut is where a random person is selected (as the Juggernaut) and is given significantly better gear than the rest of the players in the arena. Players' have to attempt to kill the Juggernaut in order to gain prizes.
The Juggernaut is aiming to kill all the players in order for them to win
Free for All is also very simple; everybody is put into a deathmatch and the last person to be alive wins!
Alongside this, Meester_Ritchie's Betting on Events suggestion has been implemented and will be available from the start of the new season
NOTE: These events are done using balanced inventories - it is not based on who has the better gear in the actual game, just skill!
Duels have also been added to Skyblock as a way to 1v1 with people on the server!
Like any practice gamemode, you pick from a set of pre-defined kits and 1v1!
This is just another cool thing we've added to skyblock which will also be coming to Survival - in the future we may also hold Duels competitions!
Since season two, I have been looking to recode the minions plugin due to it generally not being amazing and quite feature lacking. Over the last few weeks we have been working closely with one of our developers.
Most minions work similarly to how they currently do - with the benefits of upgrades are way more customisable - For example, making Miner minions mine faster or have better fortune.
- Sponge rates in the PVE Mine have been increased in all tiers
- 1.8 PvP has been re-optimized and all PvP plugins have been replaced
- Crop Hoppers have been implemented properly to fix last maps weekly update change - can be purchased using /hshop
- Spawner stacking has been disabled
- /ranks prices have been decreased significantly
- Beacons/Honey blocks have been changed to Glazed Terracotta in End Generators
- Glazed Terracotta has been made unobtainable so it can be used as a rare island block
- Glazed Terracotta crafting has been disabled
- Tokenshop Masks and Inventory pets buttons have been given back buttons
- Ore blocks sell prices have been slightly lowered
- Fastplace values have been nerfed to be less-OP compared to other island worth systems
- PvE Mobs now drop experience
- Cactus, Sugar cane and other farming blocks have had a slight sell buff
- Balance to Island Worth ratio is now $1,000,000 : 100,000
- PvE ores breaking on reboot has been fixed
- "Cannot break this block!" spam in PVE mine has been fixed
- Spawner limit has been reduced
- dozens of plugin optimizations (we've reduced our plugin list by 1/5 through recoding some features!)
- Some missions have been altered, changed or removed
- /fund has been recoded so that some of the SellChest Tax is deposited into the fund automatically (10% of sell worth)
- Olympus crate chances have been edited
This maps' events schedule is as follows:
- 21st August @ 3pm EST: THE PURGE
- Like the film, there will be a period of 1 HOUR where no rules will apply on Skyblock. This will be a time of complete chaos and Spawn Protection will be turned off!
- 22nd August @ 2PM EST: Skyblock S5 Release
- 23rd August @ 2PM EST: Anvil Drop
- 29th August @ 2PM EST: Parkour Event
- 30th August @ 2PM EST: Pick-a-colour event
- 5th September @ 2PM EST: Spleef Event
- 6th September @ 2PM EST: Juggernaut Event
- 12th September @ 2PM EST: Anvil Drop Event
- 13th September @ 2PM EST: Chest Hunt Event
- 19th September @ 2PM EST: FFA Event
- 20th September @ 2PM EST: Pick-a-colour event