PLAY.MC-BLAZE.COM
0 PLAYERS ONLINE
JOIN OUR DISCORD
0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Jurassic Survival Starting out basic: One very highly requested change/suggestion is to add gunpowder to /shop.

3_D

TnT can be purchased on the shop, but sadly gunpowder has to be farmed through creepers as of currently and that process is painfully slow even with Loot 3. What are the reasons gunpowder is so needed by the community and what are some solutions that would be fair?

mcp43

Donator
T-REX
mcp43
mcp43
T-REX
I would like to see this change implemented. First of all, I'm confused why TNT is under mob drops to begin with, and not Redstone. Secondly, Gunpowder is indeed a Mob drop - They have added nearly all other mob drops, and I'm confused why it's not added to the shop. To answer the second part of your post - Gunpowder is used in various crafting recipes and brewing, however, I think I'm correct in saying the main use on the server and for most people, is rockets/fireworks. Rockets are used with an Elytra to provide the ability to control yourself in the air and gain altitude/speed. I would very much like to see it added to the shop so it is a more readily available resource due to it's demand.

Reactions: 3_D

3_D

I highly agree with what you are saying. Logically there is much cause for some correction at least to the tnt placement in the shop. I am debating starting a new thread that focuses strictly on all changes regarding /shop as I fear I went too specific on this one. If you want to beat me to it feel free. Now back to the topic: Do you think the brewing with gunpowder is why they left it off the shop? Maybe they were not looking to have splash potions of poison and harming readily available to the public. If that is the case would we be better off adding the few additionally craftable items that gunpowder is used in (Fireworks, Fire Charges, and Firework Stars)

Huntin_

I was a fan of this suggestion before the servers’s difficulty changes from “Easy” to “Normal”, but now I’m not saying its easier to farm gunpowder. what I’m saying is that it’s a lot better than it used to be.
Also I would like to mention that there were Creeper spawners available at the shop for a while and some players decided to purchase them. In my opinion adding gunpowder to the shop would make their spawners useless.
However you can now build a creeper farm “DarkMoon” which works great with the new game difficulty(normal difficulty: adds more spawn rates than easy).

Fawks

Management
Management
Pixelmon Staff Team
Vanilla Staff Team
Donator
T-REX
FawksX
FawksX
T-REX
This suggestion is pending

I'd like to get Gunpowder added to the shop as I see no reason why it isn't - in the next few days I will implement it into the server.

While we're here, anything else you feel needs to be added to shops?

3_D

Hunt, I somewhat disagree with what you are saying. Some of the people who bought the creeper spawners are asking for gunpowder to be put into the /shop. I believe this is because we lost the auction house and now you have to have both players online to make any player based sales. So they probably would like a way to sell gunpowder to the shop so they can empty some chests and at least make a little money..

3_D

In response to Fawks' question I would like to suggest the following items be added: Magma Blocks, Phantom Membrane, and Feathers. If any of those can be added that would be quite a welcomed addition to the shop.

Last edited:

mcp43

Donator
T-REX
mcp43
mcp43
T-REX
I was a fan of this suggestion before the servers’s difficulty changes from “Easy” to “Normal”, but now I’m not saying its easier to farm gunpowder. what I’m saying is that it’s a lot better than it used to be.
Also I would like to mention that there were Creeper spawners available at the shop for a while and some players decided to purchase them. In my opinion adding gunpowder to the shop would make their spawners useless.
However you can now build a creeper farm “DarkMoon” which works great with the new game difficulty(normal difficulty: adds more spawn rates than easy).
I think you have a fair point, however, on the contrary, I wasn't fortunate enough to play when spawners were in the shop. I think it's actually quite absurd that people have creeper spawners as it makes it very unbalanced for the rest of us, and thus makes it actually a monopoly for those that do have them - IF gunpowder isn't added to the shop.
Also, to address the "creeper farms" - Unfortunately, playing on multiplayer limits the effectiveness of said farms. In single player, those farms 100% very nicely, however, I've built a few on the server, and the rates just are no where near the same. I think it's due to so many players/active chunks that just take away from the spawn rates (regardless if theres a cap or not, its just how the game functions lol). I've even tried clearing out an entire 12x12 chunk down to bedrock with my farm at the lowest possible Y level with no spawnable areas around it, and I've received no more than a few stack an hour, when normally it would produce multiple chests.

I just simply think adding it to the shop would overall balance the experience for all players, and those that have creeper spawners, can then just sell to the shop instead of running a monopoly over the rest of the server lol

Hyperion_Alx

Donator
sssw
sssw
Stegosaurus
I think you have a fair point, however, on the contrary, I wasn't fortunate enough to play when spawners were in the shop. I think it's actually quite absurd that people have creeper spawners as it makes it very unbalanced for the rest of us, and thus makes it actually a monopoly for those that do have them - IF gunpowder isn't added to the shop.
Also, to address the "creeper farms" - Unfortunately, playing on multiplayer limits the effectiveness of said farms. In single player, those farms 100% very nicely, however, I've built a few on the server, and the rates just are no where near the same. I think it's due to so many players/active chunks that just take away from the spawn rates (regardless if theres a cap or not, its just how the game functions lol). I've even tried clearing out an entire 12x12 chunk down to bedrock with my farm at the lowest possible Y level with no spawnable areas around it, and I've received no more than a few stack an hour, when normally it would produce multiple chests.

I just simply think adding it to the shop would overall balance the experience for all players, and those that have creeper spawners, can then just sell to the shop instead of running a monopoly over the rest of the server lol
I have possession of multiple creeper spawners, but i agree that gunpowder should be added to shop. It doesn't really make sense to put tnt in the "mob shop" over gunpowder. As of late, i've been trying to price gunpowder more reasonably around the same price as a stack of enderpearls bought from the shop. But i still think replacing tnt in the mob shop with gunpowder is a better alternative, as players can buy as many stacks as they please, as the demand is quite high with a high percentage of the player base possessing elytras.

Fawks

Management
Management
Pixelmon Staff Team
Vanilla Staff Team
Donator
T-REX
FawksX
FawksX
T-REX
Suggestion Accepted, Gunpowder was added to /shop